NOW! GET OUR AUDIO TOURS VIA DIGITAL DOWNLOAD! Our CDs are still available, but now you can order our Audio History/Tours as an MP3 download - giving you the option of listening to our tours on your phone or tablet - or listen by 'streaming' your tour to your in-car audio system! CLICK to go to Our Shop page for details!
BAROSSA VALLEY - THE HISTORY AND PROVENANCE OF THE BAROSSA VALLEY
Barossa Talking Tours will take you on a fascinating journey through the Barossa Valley's history, some of its iconic locations, and includes talks with some of the characters and experts who make the Barossa Valley what it is today.
Our Talking Tour runs for some 65 minutes, and includes 8 tracks.
Our Talking Tour includes details on:
● How the Barossa was named.
● The best way to get to the Barossa from Adelaide, the City of Churches, to the Valley of Churches, the Barossa Valley.
● An understanding of the trials and tribulations of the first settlers, from Silesia, and their teutonic work ethic which made the Barossa what it is today.
● The historic language of the Barossa Valley, Barossa Deutsch, the persecution of Barossa Germans during world wars I and II, and the Americans who bivouacked in the Valley during World War II.
● Barossa wines, including a discussion about the oldest Shiraz vines in the world in the Barossa, a look at a couple of iconic 'must visit' historic wineries, one of the bigger wineries in the Barossa and a descendent of one of the Barossa's oldest families, now making waves in the wine business with his own label.
● And a look at Barossa foods, including discussions with the owners of Barossa 'landmark' butchers and bakers, and one of its world-renowned 'young turk' chefs and the new breed of eateries and foodies putting a new stamp on the Barossa.
Take a listen to our first track on our Talking Tour below - then purchase your slice of the Barossa Valley story. For the cost of a bottle of wine (and cheaper and more flexible than an organised tour) our audio CD will enrich your experience as you visit Australia's premiere wine and food region!
BAROSSA VALLEY - WINE APPRECIATION FOR CELLAR DOOR VISITORS
For many tourists, visiting a cellar door can be an intimidating experience... Depending on your level of understanding the often bewildering array of wine styles, flavours and vintages can leave you perplexed!
What should this wine taste like, what makes this wine better than other wines, what food would this wine or that wine be suited to are questions that linger in the back of the mind for most casual visitors to cellar doors..
With the help of two of the Barossa Valley’s most accredited wine makers, we’ll explore the cellar door experience you’re about to have, and how you can make the most of it......
Learn from Bernard Hickin, recently retired Chief Winemaker of Pernod Ricard, the custodian of the iconic Orlando and Jacob’s Creek ranges among others... and Fiona Donald, senior winemaker at the equally iconic Seppeltsfield Winery.....
Our Talking Tour runs for some 60 minutes, and includes 6 tracks, including details on:
● The cellar door experience and the etiquette of wine tasting.
● What to look for in the aromas and tastes of various wine styles.
● An understanding of what foods should be matched with different styles of wines.
● A tour through the cellars of Bernard Hickin and Fiona Donald, tasting wines regarded as hallmarks of the Barossa Valley. We taste superb wines for which the Barossa Valley is famous, from the aperas in the Seppeltsfield range, through the superb Jacobs Creek Reserve range of Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignons and classic Rieslings and Chardonnays from the Eden Valley - and to the lip-smacking tawnies from Seppeltsfield - including their exclusive 100 year old Para tawnies.
Take a listen to A SAMPLE of our audio CD below - then purchase our exclusive look at wine appreciation for cellar door visitors.